Immuno-oncology Biomarkers: pharmacodynamic and prognostic blood-based proteins
Several recent high profile publications and presentations demonstrate the value of our MAP (Multi-Analyte Profile) platform for measuring panels of immune-related soluble factors present in peripheral blood from patients enrolled in immune checkpoint blockade therapy.1,2,3,4,5,6,7
Serum biomarker changes from baseline reflect nivolumab pharmacodynamics in the tumor microenvironment.1
- Immunomodulatory Activity of Nivolumab in Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma (2016) Choueiri TK, et. al. Clin Cancer Res. 2016 May 11. [Epub ahead of print] https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27169994
Baseline serum immune-related biomarkers independent of tumor PD-L1 status are associated with nivolumab or docetaxel prognosis in patients with NSCLC.2
- Impact of Baseline Serum Cytokines on Survival in Patients With Advanced Squamous Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Treated With Nivolumab or Docetaxel: Exploratory Analyses From CheckMate 063 and CheckMate 017. (2016) Farsaci B, et. al. ASCO 2016 Annual Meeting; June 3–7, 2016; Chicago, IL, USA Abstract #9025, Poster Board #348. & AARC Annual Meeting; April 16-20, 2016; New Orleans, LA, USA Abstract #LB-072.
Serum immune markers at baseline and on-therapy suggest preexisting adaptive immunity is associated with nivolumab induced tumor regression.3
- Markers of inflammation are associated with clinical outcomes in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma treated with nivolumab. (2015) Sznol M, et. al. Journal for ImmunoTherapy of Cancer 2015, 3(Suppl 2):P197.
Innate and adaptive immune-related proteins quantified in plasma are increased transiently during treatment.4,5
- MPDL3280A (anti-PD-L1) treatment leads to clinical activity in metastatic bladder cancer. (2014) Powles T, et. al. Nature 515:558-562.
- Predictive correlates of response to the anti-PD-L1 antibody MPDL3280A in cancer patients. (2014) Herbst R, et. al. Nature 515:563-567.
Dose-dependent urelumab exposures were associated with an increase in IFNγ-induced cytokines in the periphery.6
- Assessing the Potential for Enhanced Antibody-Dependent Cell-Mediated Cytotoxicity by Combining the CD137 Antibody Urelumab With Rituximab or Cetuximab in Patients With Refractory Lymphoma or Select Advanced Solid Tumors. (2016) Segal NH, et al. SITC 2016 Annual Meeting; November 9-13, 2016; National Harbor, MD, USA. Abstract P259.
Anti-LAG-3 and nivolumab combination therapy increases serum cytokines after first dose of treatment.7
- Initial Experience Administering BMS-986016, a Monoclonal Antibody That Targets Lymphocyte Activation Gene (LAG)–3, Alone and in Combination With Nivolumab to Patients With Hematologic and Solid Malignancies. (2016) Lipson EJ, et al. SITC 2016 Annual Meeting; November 9-13, 2016; National Harbor, MD, USA. Abstract P232.
Select from our extensive menu of immune-related immunoassay panels, to generate invaluable Immuno-oncology biomarker data from routinely collected serum or plasma samples.