Myriad RBM is calling on the Austin, Texas community to recruit people who have tested positive for COVID-19 to donate blood for COVID-19 research.
SARS-CoV-2 is the infectious virus that causes the COVID-19 disease. It is a highly infectious respiratory disease with no current treatment regimen or vaccine.
Research into understanding and identifying the human immune responses to the SARS-CoV-2 infection is critical in our efforts to advance scientific discoveries to protect public health. Crucial to these efforts is the collection of blood from SARS-CoV-2 positive patients.
RBM-SARS-20-101; RBM SARS-CoV-2 Donor Pool
The purpose of this study is to develop and test:
- Antibody detection on the Luminex platform for biomarker assays (ex. Serology testing)
- TruCulture products that can be utilized as a tool for vaccine and therapy clinical research needs for COVID-19
- Blood will be used for clinical research needs directly related to the development and testing of SARS-CoV-2 products
- Donors will be compensated $100 gift card for each donation
Myriad RBM, 3300 Duval Rd, Austin, TX 78759
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Pass Myriad RBM pre-screening criteria
- Provide a copy of your positive COVID-19 test result (diagnostic PCR test report)